In working to accomplish our mission, Focus Forward gets to be a part of transformations in the lives of individuals and the community.
We take serious the task of assessing our role and responsibilities in poitive change for clients and Fresno County. In order to make long-term, sustainable, and measureable contributions to the community, we collect process data for quality assurance purposes as well as outcomes data on the ways that youth and families directly benefit in their lives from our programming. Below we feature examples of our assessment findings. Importantly, we engage in assessment in order to inform strategic actions for long-term transformations.
We know the following facts about the outcomes for participants of the BF program:
- __% increase compassion for their children in multiple ways.
- __% increase knowledge about appropriate discipline.
We know the following facts about the outcomes for participants of the YS program:
- __% complete workforce training.
- __% secure employment.
- YS clients are __% points under the juvenile custody recidivism rate for Fresno County.
We know the following facts about the outcomes for participants of PREP during the first 6-months of the program (At our one-year mark in July 2017, we look forward to reporting on further details of program effectiveness):
- In the 6-month period of the program’s existence, PREP clients are 24.4% points under the juvenile custody recidivism rate for Fresno County.
- Nearly 80% of the youth clients in custody maintain weekly contact with the program, showing connectedness with staff and/or services.
We also value qualitative data in the form of pictures, anecdotes, short stories, and notes. This experiential data brings to life the quantitative data that is important to measuring program effectiveness. Below we are featuring a variety of items. Please enjoy!